Accelerating culture, religion, and understanding of science and knowledge is the key to improve productivity of human resources to face challenges in globalization and in the future. Because of this time, we cannot only rely on natural resources, but now is the time to rely on human resources.
It was delivered by Prof. Dr. Ing. Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie, in keynote speech session at International Conference on Islamic Education in 2016 organized by International Islamic Schools Alliance (ITTISHAL) on Monday, October 10, 2016 at The Sunan Hotel Solo. BJ Habibie was the main speaker that initiates an international Islamic education conference with the theme "The Improvement of Education Quality and Learning Process to Face the Recent Challenges" which is attended by 300 participants from various analysts, researchers, and practitioners from domestic and foreign country.
BJ Habibie said that balancing between faith and devotion with science and technology (IMTAQ) is important. "However, if you must choose, choose IMTAQ because of high productivity is not enough at all," he said. Faith and devotion becomes the main foundation for thinking and acting.
Associating with networks on international Islamic education built by ITTIHAL, BJ Habibie appreciates the movement as one of the best ways adopted to form next generation in the future. Like proverb, experience is the best teacher. Habibie said good and bad experiences should be shared with others and be learning in the future. "Share the experiences that have been occured. If there is bad, do not be repeated in the future. ITTIHAL is one of the right way to share experiences by inviting colleagues to share their Islamic schools experiences, without imposing on each other's faith, "said Habibie.
BJ Habibie begin international conference on Islamic education with presenting seven main speakers from domestic and overseas , namely Sheikh Yousef Aldous (Lecturer and Imam University of Al Imam Muhammad Riyadh, Saudi Arabia), Ilham Habibie (Secretary IIFTIHAR), Hamid Slimi (Chairman of the Canadian Center of Deen Studies, Canada), Badlihisham Mohd Nor (Lecturer of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia), Abdalla Idris Ali (Deputy Secretary General of Islamic Society of North America, Canada), Eny Rahma Zaenah (President Director ITTISHAL) and Benita Chuldeigh (Program Director for Education Embassies Australian to Indonesia). Unfortunately, the founder of Indonesia Mengajar, Anies Baswedan, which was scheduled to present at ICIE, was unable to attend because of busy agenda.
"I apologize for my absence at ICIE forum, 2016. I am very honored to be appointed an honorary member of ITTISHAL because ITTISHAL struggling to improve life of people around the world through education," said Anies Baswedan in a video submitted to the committee of ICIE. He also expressed about the matter "Promoting Unity in Diversity in Education".
"The difference is something that cannot be circumvented from Indonesia. Indonesia became one of the good examples to learn about the differences and how to create harmony through education. The key is in idea, "said Anies. Young children as the next generation will be united in the idea to look at the challenges facing the country. He added, speaking of education will not be separated from the role of parents and teachers as role models of children. "They learn from teachers and parents in their environment in how to deal with differences that cannot be circumvented in the present," said Anies.
Launching of ITTISHAL
ICIE 2016 started with the launching of ITTISHAL which has been declared since October 1st
, 2015. ITTISHAL lounched officially by BJ Habibie and Siti Aminah Abdullah as the Board of Trustees of ITTISHAL that beginning with reading the declaration in three languages, namely English, Indonesian and Arabic by the three ITTISHAL founders namely Eny Rahma Zaenah (Al Firdaus Education Foundation), Uripto Mahmud Yunus (Assalaam), and Laid Yahia (Institut Prive Alif).
The inauguration was also marked by signing ITTISHAL membership of 12 new members ITTISHAL from Indonesia. "Alhamdulillah ITTISHAL received well by the fellow of Islamic schools in various countries. Total of 22 educational institutions from three continents, namely Asia, Africa, and Europe has committed become a member of ITTISHAL, "said the Committee Chairman ICIE 2016, Eny Rahma Zaenah
Eny Rahma explained that International Conference on Islamic Education is the first activity of ITTISHAL introduce in public. Totaly of 300 participants from domestic and abroad have confirmed their attendance in ICIE 2016
Gathering participants from different countries, said Eny, became one of the goals of the conference for developing network on Islamic schools in the world through ITTISHAL. "We realized that we could not participate to promote Islamic education from the founder of ITTISHAL. We want Islamic schools which become our members work together and collaborate to develop a variety of educational innovation to create a generation of Muslims who excellence in the future, "she explained.
He added that ITTISHAL gather the ideas from educators and researchers about Islamic education to explain the innovation of Islamic education in this conference forum. "With this event, we want to collaborate and build a network to contribute significantly in Islamic education for the present and future, "said Eny Rahma.
List of ITTISHAL Members
- Sekolah Rendah Integrasi Tahfiz Ilmuwan, Bangi, Malaysia
- SMA Islam Al Azhar 7 Solo Baru, Sukoharjo, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- Sekolah Islam Terpadu Ulil Albab Fitrah Hanniah, Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Yayasan Pondok Pesantren Sa’adatuddarain, Praya, NTB, Indonesia
- Sekolah Lazuardi Al - Falah GIS (Klaten, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia)
- Yayasan Pendidikan Ruhama, Depok, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Yayasan Darul Arqom, Karanganyar, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- SMP Islam Nurul Yaqin, Praya, NTB, Indonesia
- Jakarta Islamic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Yayasan Munirul Arifin NW, Praya, NTB, Indonesia
- Yayasan Asshidiqiyah, Sidoarjo, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
- Sekolah Islam Unggulan Al Khoir, Surakarta, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- Yayasan Perguruan Al Islam, Surakarta, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- SDIST Al Albani, Karanganyar, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- Yayasan Amal Sahabat (Sekolah Al Azhar Syifa Budi), Surakarta, Jawa Tengah,
- Sekolah Islam Terpadu Permata Bunda, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Empowerment Institute Orang Basudara, Ambon, Maluku, Indonesia
- KB TK Al Qur’an Terpadu Bintangku, Surakarta, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- Yayasan An Nuur Cahaya Umat, Sukoharjo, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- SDIT Jumapolo, Karanganyar, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
- Yayasan Pendidikan Al Muslimun, Praya, NTB, Indonesia
- Sekolah Islam Al Fikri, Depok, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Rumah Bune Islamic Fullday School, Depok, Jawa Barat
- Yayasan Ponpes Sunan Ampel, Kediri, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
- Sekolah Khalifa IMS Bintaro Tangerang Selatan, Banten, Indonesia
- Madrasah Noor for Blind (Cedera, South of Africa)
- Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) High School, Toronto, Canada
- Iqra Islamic Schools, Mississauga, Canada
- Alif Laam Miim Academy, Canada
- ALSALAMSKOLAN (Örebro, Sweden)
- Lycée Averroès (Lille, France)